Server Assistant Steak House
Human Resources | Apr 07, 2017
Title: Server Assistant
FLSA Status: non-exempt
Reports to: Maître’d/Captain
Department: Steak House
Under general direction of The Front Waiter, the Server Assistant organizes the activities required of the Service Sequence to deliver high standards of the Steak House in quality and service to the Guests in his/her station. The Server Assistant is responsible for his or her station as well as assisting the rest of the teams to meet the needs of the Guest.
The Server Assistant, as with all members of the Tamarack Junction Casino Team, is expected to conduct himself/herself in a manner, which demonstrates initiative, professionalism, personal awareness, integrity. The Server Assistant shares in the Tamarack Junction Casino support of the company’s Vision, Mission, Values, and consistently performs all functions by leading by example.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Coordination of the dining experience related to his station and job requirements that is pleasant and positive.
• Maintain knowledge of all restaurant services, amenities, and hours of operation, current specials, and events.
• Fine wine knowledge preferred.
• Assists in Guest seating if needed.
• Communicate all guest concerns through excellent communication and listening skills to the Front Waiter.
• Approaches tables in a friendly and professional manner.
• Responsible for following Steak House policies & procedures.
• Possesses strong teamwork skills.
• Busses and clears tables to Steak House standards.
• Uses a tray or cart at all times when clearing tables and delivering drinks.
• Transports dishes. Silver and glassware from restaurant to dish room in accordance with established Guidelines
• Knowledgeable with menu and up-selling.
• Performs coffee service according to standard.
• Performs dessert cart service when needed.
• Maintain a staff with a neat appearance to uniform standards and cleanliness.
• Maintain regular, predictable attendance.
• Be available during all major functions and assist in supervision.
• Checks out side work with Front Waiter before leaving shift.
• Checks that all silverware and glassware are polished before re-setting tables.
• Checks all linen for stains, rips and tears before re-setting tables.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
TECHNICAL/PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE (Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience)
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Provide exceptional Guest service at all times.
• Is self-driven and follows verbal and written directions, policies and procedures.
• Ability to use service trays and lift up to 25 pounds (preferred).
• High school diploma preferred.
• Minimum 1 year fine dining experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES
• ServSafe certification preferred.
• Alcohol Awareness Card preferred
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments. Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values. .
• Teambuilding - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed; Recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively. Able to read and interpret written information.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Initiative – Volunteers readily; Seeks increased responsibility; Looks for tasks and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks and offers help when needed.
• Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
• Quantity-Meets productivity standards; Completes work in a timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
The Server Assistant works in a fine dining environment which calls for the highest level of professionalism and etiquette. The work schedule varies and may include Saturday, Sunday and Holidays, varies hours depending on the needs of the operation. This position requires flexibility.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs/ladder; balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
If you would like to apply for a position, please fill out our Online Application.