Title: Porter / Casino Services
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Chief Engineer
Under direction of the Chief Engineer or Shift Supervisor, the Casino Services Representative keeps interior and exterior of casino building in clean and orderly condition by completing day to day cleaning and sanitation of the Tamarack Junction Casino in accordance with property standards, policies and procedures.
The Casino Services Representative, as with all members of the Tamarack Junction Casino Team, is expected to conduct himself/herself in a manner, which demonstrates initiative, professionalism, personal awareness, integrity, and exercises confidentiality in the appropriate areas of his/her performance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Cleans rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, and locker rooms and other work areas.
- Sweeps, scrubs, waxes, and polishes floor.
- Cleans rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies.
- Dusts furniture and equipment.
- Washes walls, ceiling, and woodwork.
- Washes windows, door panels, and sills.
- Empties wastebaskets, and empties and cleans ashtrays.
- Transports trash and waste to disposal area.
- Replenishes bathroom supplies.
- Replaces light bulbs.
- Cuts and trims grass, and shovels snow.
- Transports small equipment or tools between departments.
- Sets up tables and chairs in banquet rooms.
- Regularly provides information to management staff regarding safety concerns and the general appearance of the casino to ensure a quality and safe environment for guests.
- Promotes positive customer relations by projecting a courteous, helpful attitude and assisting guests with a helping hand when appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
TECHNICAL/PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE (Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience)
- Effective oral communication skills.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Previous experience performing janitorial related tasks.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Work independently and follow verbal and written directions.
- Knowledge of First Aid and Safety procedures.
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Takes independent; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
The Casino Services Representative works on-site at the casino and interfaces with external/internal customers, employees, and vendors on a regular basis. The position work schedule varies and may include Saturday/Sunday, evening and on-call work depending on the needs of the operation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs/ladder; balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.