Human Resources | Aug 29, 2016
Under direction of the Culinary Management Team, the Line Cook prepares and cooks all menu items according to proper recipes in a consistent, timely manner with emphasis on quality and presentation. Performs duties in a conscientious, professional, friendly, efficient and courteous manner; ensuring a quality guest experience and guest satisfaction.
The Line Cook, as with all members of the Tamarack Junction Casino Team, is expected to conduct himself/herself in a manner, which demonstrates initiative, professionalism, personal awareness, integrity, and exercises confidentiality in the appropriate areas of his/her performance.
- Performs basic cooking skills, including sauté, baking, broiling, grilling, etc. Has full working knowledge and understanding of all menus and composites.
- Performs assigned opening duties to stock station with proper food preparation levels needed for the shift. Carries food supplies, equipment, and utensils to and from storage and work areas.
- Cleans and portions, and cuts or peels various foods to prepare for cooking or serving. Understands and follows proper portion control to ensure minimal food waste.
- Follows all established safety and sanitary practices and procedures. Routinely checks food temperatures and rotates food items as necessary. Routinely checks food items for freshness and discards spoiled food items.
- Follows all recipes and specifications to maintain quality and consistency.
- Understands and demonstrates preparation of high quality products and presentation.
- Understands and reads tickets rung into to POS systems and prepares items according to each ticket.
- Assumes total responsibility for assigned station including cleanliness and organization.
- Performs closing side work to ensure a clean and safe station.
- Keeps Shift Supervisor/Manager informed of guest reactions, comments or problems that may arise.
- Regularly provides information to management staff regarding safety concerns and the general appearance of the casino to ensure a quality and safe environment for guests and staff.
- Promotes positive guest relations by projecting a courteous, helpful attitude and assisting guests and team members when appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
TECHNICAL / PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE:
- Effective oral communication skills.
- Provide exceptional guest services at all times.
- Work independently and follow verbal and written directions, policies, and procedures.
- Basic cooking knowledge including fry, grill, sauté’, and pantry.
- Ability to read and follow a recipe. Has full working knowledge and understanding of all menus and composites.
- Understands proper handling/storage and rotation of food items
- High School diploma (preferred).
- Previous line cook or kitchen experience preferred.
If you would like to apply for a position, please fill out our Online Application.