Under direction of the Culinary Management Team, the Kitchen Steward washes and cleans all china, glassware, silverware, pots, pans, utensils, cups and all related small wares in the kitchen and restaurant. Responsible for the organization, cleanliness and sanitation of the kitchen, including emptying of all trash, keeping floors clean, prep tables, dumpster area, storage areas, etc. Performs duties in a conscientious, professional and efficient manner.
The Kitchen Steward, as with all members of the Tamarack Junction Casino Team, is expected to conduct himself/herself in a manner, which demonstrates initiative, professionalism, personal awareness, integrity, and exercises confidentiality in the appropriate areas of his/her performance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Washes and sanitizes glasses, plates, glasses, pots, pans and kitchen equipment.
- Assumes total responsibility for assigned station including cleanliness and organization.
- Empties and cleans all kitchen trash cans as needed. Routinely checks trash cans for discarded tableware and kitchen utensils. Retrieves and cleans as necessary.
- Maintains kitchen floors. Routinely sweep and mop floors to ensure cleanliness and sanitation.
- Uses all dishwashing equipment properly and demonstrates knowledge and use of detergents and sanitation chemicals.
- Spot checks all items for cleanliness at the end of wash cycle.
- Properly restocks all clean items into their proper storage place.
- Follows all established safety and sanitation practices and procedures.
- Regularly provides information to management staff regarding safety concerns.
- Communicates with Culinary Management Team regarding maintenance and equipment concerns.
- Promotes positive guest relations by projecting a courteous, helpful attitude and assisting guests and team members when appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.